Notice: DOWNLOADHARD.com does not condone illegal sharing of copyrighted material. While P2P file sharing technology (or torrenting) itself is completely legal, many of the files traded through P2P are indeed copyrighted. Uploading these copyrighted files puts you at risk of a civil lawsuit.
When downloading torrents, you need 2 things
- A program (client) that downloads the required file from other computers
- A .torrent file you download from specialized sites such as:
- The Pirate Bay – The Most Famous Torrent Site – Review
- RARBG – High Quality Torrent Site – Review
- 1337x – an increasingly popular alternative to torrent giants – Review
- YIFY/YTS – torrent site with HD movies – Review
Now let’s look at how to use the official client to download via torrents uTorrent. Everything is easy, fast and you do not need to register anywhere. In 2 minutes you can download movies, TV shows, music or anything else. We still remind you that when using torrents it is great to use VPNs.
uTorrent – Free Download for Windows, Mac, Linux and App for Android
You can download uTorrent directly from the official website of uTorrent.com, which offers the newest version.
- Download uTorrent for Windows HERE
- Download uTorrent for Mac HERE
- Download uTorrent for Linux HERE
- Download uTorrent App for Android from Google Play HERE
How to Install uTorrent and Start Downloading
In this tutorial we’ll look at how to download torrents using the uTorrent client. We look at the version for Windows, all others are very similar and basically no different. Typically, the installation only differs with installation options. You may want to disable all programs you are offered as you don’t need them for downloading torrents.
- Download the uTorrent installation file from uTorrent.com and run it
- Select where to install, choose which other programs you want to download (you can diable all) and start the installation
- From the torrent sites we wrote at the top of this article, choose which file you want to download
- A tiny file with a .torrent extension will be downloaded to your computer
- Open this file with uTorrent
- Movie, TV shows, music, or anything else will automatically start downloading
- We recommend that you open files with the .torrent file extension automatically with uTorrent – when downloading another file, you always confirm that you really want to download and you have a file on your computer with just 2 mouse clicks
Each version of uTorrent is basically the same and you can also download from your smartphone, but we recommend that you make sure you are on the wi-fi, otherwise you will quickly waste your data.
uTorrent – 64 bit or 32 bit?
Sice uTorrent is an extremely lightweight piece of software, there is really no need to care whether it is 64 bit and 32 bit. You can simply download 32 bit version, which works on any computer, and you won’t know the difference.
Are There Other Clients For Downloading Torrents?
Yes, there are many of them, but uTorrent is the only official client. Basically, there are a lot to choose from as long as they are downloading files comfortably and quickly, which uTorrent absolutely meets with minimum disk space and computer performance requirements.
Another reason why the choice of the client is basically just for comfort is that they all work on exactly the same principle and therefore it does not matter if you are using uTorrent and someone else some other client. You are still connecting and downloading and sharing files from one another.
For torrent downloads, we recommend that you keep in mind that if you are downloading a file, you are also automatically sharing it, which may infringe copyrights.